The Fashion institute

More info on the best, informal, fashion, sewing and pattern making education on the Costa del Sol.

click here now

Wednesday 1 August 2012

So, I hope you have everything ready?

So, I hope you have everything ready?  I've already been out looking for inspiration for my print. If this is the first print design you've attempted then let’s keep it fairly simple.....Flowers, plants, leaves...anything like that will be easy for you to work with and should be equally easy to find.
Just don't get too complicated. (You can even get in to the garden or the local park and pick a few daisies :-)

I'm lucky in that this is pruning season here in Spain and so there's load of cuttings from the trees lying on the ground waiting for collection and the shapes and textures are just AMAZING! Anyway, here are a few photos so you can see what I mean..........
 

These Palm tree 'husks' are incredible! They're hard and shiny and look like some kind of Roman or Greek breastplate! And when you look closely.......there are fab swirls and waves.....just perfect for what I'm looking for.



I've been playing about with some of the pieces that look like corsets and I think I'll save these for evening wear inspiration. There are some lovely 'gauzy', feathery, whispy bits that I'd like to try and recreate in somekind of 'deconstruction' of silk or tule fabric........Later!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment